Before Jesus ate and drank for the last time with his friends, he taught them a final lesson about service in the washing of the feet. It was about hospitality and humility. Altar Servers serve the assembly at the Eucharistic table by carrying the cross and candles in procession and assisting the presider at the liturgies.
- Age requirement: Fifth grade and older.
- Training: Mandatory training sessions and regular review of the training video. Returning servers are also required to attend a refresher training each year. Training sessions for new and returning child servers are held in January and February.
- Time Commitment: Servers are scheduled approximately once a month. They are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass. Families are required to request their own substitutes via the online scheduling program.
Details on the online scheduling program will be provided to each server when they train.
To show your child what a server does at Mass, see our fabulous training video.
Upcoming training dates for altar servers are:
- Wednesday, February 1 at 3:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 6 at 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday February, 7 at 3:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8 at 3:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 13 at 3:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 15 at 3:00 p.m.
Adult Servers typically serve at the 7:00 p.m. and 11:15 a.m. masses once or twice per month, plus Holy Days and occasional funerals. Adult servers are also welcome to assist at any Mass.