Saint Clement Generosity Shines in Jesse Tree Giving
Throughout Advent, Saint Clement parishioners once again reached out to those in need to share in the joy of the season. Through the generosity of parishioners, we were able to donate more than $15,500 in gift cards and donations, as well as more than 1,250 items of clothing, toys, and more, to the 10 charities we work with through the Jesse Tree.
The following gives a breakdown of the distribution:
- Catholic Charities Toy Shower: 133 toys for children in need.
- H.O.M.E.: $2,935 in gift cards and donations.
- Lakeview Rehab & Nursing Center: 93 individual gifts of clothing and blankets, and $1,475 in gift cards for 59 individuals.
- La Rabida Children's Hospital: 114 gifts of toys, books and clothing, and $940 in gift cards.
- Lincoln Park Community Shelter: 105 gifts, and $1,490 in gift cards, for individuals and general use.
- Madonna House: 89 individual gifts of women's and children's clothing and toys, and $410 in gift cards for individuals and general needs.
- The Night Ministry: 66 gifts of pajamas, sweat suits, hats and gloves, and $2,255 in gift cards.
- Our Lady of Mercy: 121 gifts of coats, hats and gloves, and $1,335 in gift cards.
- Solidarity Bridge: $3,70 in donations for medical supplies and treatments.
- St. Vincent de Paul Center: 245 items of clothing, stamps and other basic necessities, and $400 in gift and Ventra cards.
Additional donations were shared with Fr. Manny’s parish, Immaculate Conception.
We are truly grateful for the generosity of our parishioners and the over 50 volunteers who contributed in making this year's Jesse Tree a success, particularly around the challenges with construction. Much appreciation goes to all of the tag makers, tree decorators, Mass ambassadors and re-stockers, gift sorters, wrappers, shoppers, and charity liaisons. A special note of thanks to the Jesse Tree steering committee, comprised of Colleen Jones, Julia Keller, Aylice Toohey and Helen Wargel, who generously give much time and energy to this project.
Thank you to all Saint Clement parishioners who donated so generously to the agencies, and provide the opportunity for us to share our gifts at Christmas and throughout the year!