Beginning November 25, Christmas trees in the church and chapel will be decorated with paper tags, marking the beginning of this year's Jesse Tree. The Jesse Tree is a ministry in conjunction with Advent that provides parishioners an opportunity to support local organizations with clothing, toys, gift cards, and other needed items in the spirit of Christmas giving. You are invited to choose colored tags from the trees in the church and chapel that represent wish items from the 11 charities we support annually with this project.
These 11 charities are:
- Catholic Charities Toy Shower
- H.O.M.E. (Housing Opportunities & Maintenance for the Elderly)
- Immigration Ministry (of the Archdiocese of Chicago's Office for Human Dignity & Solidarity)
- Lakeview Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- La Rabida Children's Hospital
- Lincoln Park Community Shelter
- Madonna House
- The Night Ministry
- Our Lady of Mercy
- Solidarity Bridge
- St. Vincent de Paul Center
Purchasing a gift for any of our Jesse Tree tags would be a wonderful example of giving to those in need. Please note, certain tags are a wish item requested specifically by an individual at that charity. Thank you--the recipients of your generosity will be very grateful!
Please return gifts to the Clement Ministry Center by Thursday, December 14, 2017.